Mr. Murray joined Emmet in 2006 after ten years at White & Case. Prior to that, he spent six years as a corporate trust officer at Bankers Trust Company.
He has extensive experience representing New York bank clients in their roles as trustee, collateral agent, escrow agent, servicer, back-up servicer, custodian and administrative agent. Mr. Murray has expertise in global and domestic secured and unsecured corporate finance transactions, project finance transactions, asset-backed and mortgage-backed transactions, trust receipts, and custodial/escrow matters. Mr. Murray also represents trustees, collateral agents and administrative agents in domestic and cross-border restructurings and bankruptcy proceedings. In particular, he has worked on numerous bankruptcy and out-of-court restructuring proceedings in Argentina as well as matters relating to the UK, Venezuela and Mexico.
- Representation of an indenture trustee in connection with a tender offer and consent solicitation for project bonds issued by a heavy oil crude project in the Orinoco Belt region of Venezuela. Named 2008 Restructuring Deal of the Year by Latin Lawyer magazine.
- Representation of an indenture trustee in connection with the restructuring of the senior notes of a logistics and transportation company located in Mexico.
- Representation of an indenture trustee and collateral agent in connection with second-lien notes issued by a commercial bank holding company as part of its reorganization plan.
- Representation of an indenture trustee in connection with the Chapter 11 proceedings of a natural gas and electricity utility.
- Representation of agent banks in various transactions involving wind power generation.
- Representation of agent banks in connection with loan and security agreements.
- Representation of an indenture trustee in connection with the bankruptcy proceedings of a Canadian oil sand producer.
- Representation of an indenture trustee in connection with auto receivables transactions.
- Representation of collateral agents in numerous cross border asset-backed transactions.
- Representation of indenture trustee in numerous debt restructurings and concursos proceedings in Argentina.